Number of blogvisitors

sábado, 23 de marzo de 2013

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

This week, we have started a new unit in 1ESO. It deals with the topic of housing and furniture (recuerda: furniture NUNCA lleva plural!!!). In Spain, most people live in a block of flats (pisos) or in houses with several floors. Today, I want to show you the most typical types of houses in UK.

The first one is the detached house. It is a separate house. In fact, the word "detached" means "separado".


The second one is the semi-detached house. It means that the house is joined (unida) to another house by one side. They share a wall that separates them. 
There are two different houses, two different front doors. Can you see them?


The next one is the terrace. These houses form a row (fila) of similar houses. I've seen many of these in Zaragoza :).


Of course, the flats (or apartments), like the flats we live in. They are not the most typical houses, but they really exist.



There are so many other kinds of houses that we couldn't finish enumerating them, but the types I have shown you are the most typical and the ones you'll probably see when you travel or when you watch some images from the UK.

And now, my question is...
Which type of house do you prefer?




7 comentarios:

  1. Hello!!:)
    I prefer the detached house because is a beautiful house, is big, have got a garden and because is in a mountain. I LOVE THIS HOUSE
    But I don´t live in a detached house, i live in a flag.
    I LOVE FLAG, TOO
    Bye,bye!!! :D
    By Ainoa Sierra ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello !! :)
    I prefer live in a detached house too.
    Is a beautifull house , you´ve got more rooms and your bedroom is more big too !!
    Sometimes in a detached houses , the attic can be a bedroom too and your brother or sister must go up for disturb you , is a advantage !!
    By bye !
    By Lidia Albaiceta

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like houses, like my house in Garrapinillos, there are amazing and bigger than flats, and there have got garde, too!!
    I LOVE houses!
    By Mario Ortiz

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello :D
    I prefer live in a detached house because is big and very beautifull.But the semi-detached house is big (is bigger than my flat)
    Bye bye !! (:

    ResponderEliminar
  5. My favourite the first CLEARLY! :3
    Iris Carrillo 2ºC.

    ResponderEliminar