Number of blogvisitors

domingo, 11 de agosto de 2013

LAUGHING AND LAUGHING

Hi, people!
How is your summer going? It's only some days left to begin school...are you ready? If not, don't worry. There is enough time to get psyched up (mentalizarte) for it. Meanwhile, I want you to practise some English. It is always useful :)

Last week, I came across a video on youtube that I really liked. It was a baby laughing a lot. It was contagious and...I think it seems interesting to show you and laugh for a while.


But, first of all, do you know the meaning of the verb LAUGH? It's a common verb that people usually mispronounce. Click here and hear how to pronounce. It's something like "laf".



Laugh means REÍR(SE) in Spanish. Do you like laughing? I love it! It's the best therapy for our problems!
It is a regular verb (laughed-laughed) but it can also be a noun and its meaning is RISA.
In English, there are hundreds of expressions that contain this verb. I show you three for you to learn:

* A belly laugh: this happens when someone tells you a very funny joke and you can't stop laughing. "Un ataque de risa" could be the proper translation into Spanish. How often do you have a belly laugh? I always have a belly laugh if someone tickles (hace cosquillas)my feet.

* A laugh a minute: when something or someone is very funny and entertaining. "This actor is, for me, a laugh a minute"

* Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep (llorar) and you weep alone: I like this expression so much. If you laugh, everyone is with you and shares your happiness. If you are sad, everyone is far from you. 

I invite you to learn and use them. You will be a master on expressions. 
And to finish...do you want to have a belly laugh? If so, have a look at the video I told you before. The baby is a laugh a minute ;)
Enjoy it and don't forget to laugh today!!!



1 comentario:

  1. I watched that video a few months ago and it's really funny hahaha

    ResponderEliminar